Over the last two months I've gotten married, gone on a one month honeymoon and also found a bigger house for my wife to move to. It has a double garage so I'm all set :-) No more working out of a friend garage anymore!
Anyways, right now I am attempting to get the RX8 ECU to talk to me. Last time I tried this I did manage to see two different CAN messages being repeated over and over. I think they were error messages as the ECU wouldn't do anything be repeatedly send them, it ignored all messages I sent to it.
Today I thought I would have more luck because I had more of the electronic components to connect to the loom (ABS Unit, ABS ECU, Instrument Cluster and the Fuel Pump/Sender). Unfortunately the ECU wouldn't respond to any commands nor was it sending out data. I'm not sure why and will have to wait until everything is moved to the new place before I can really dig around and find out. At least then I wont have to put everything away so a car can be parked in the garage after i'm done :-)
One positive thing to come out of today though, I did manage to get the instrument cluster powered up and it looks as though the engine has only traveled 25,585 kilometers. Pretty good for an engine that was 3 years old when I bought it very cheaply because the wholesaler thought it was damaged which it turns out not to be!